Terms and Conditions Summary
Here are some of the key facts from the terms and conditions for the Young Scot Rewards website. This is a summary version. Please make sure you also read it in full to find out your full rights and responsibilities: https://rewards.youngscot.org/WebsiteTermsAndConditions
Young Scot Rewards Website
You can only register for a Rewards account on our website if you currently live in Scotland, and are aged between 11 and 26 years old . The logged in area on our Rewards website is only for Young Scot NEC cardholders, who have registered for an account.
By using our Rewards website, you are agreeing to our full terms and conditions. If you do not agree to them, please stop using the Rewards website immediately.
While we try our very best, the content on our website might not always be the most updated, complete or accurate. We try to make sure the content is always updated, complete and accurate.
Our website is free of charge for you to access.
Sometimes, for reason such as technical issues, our website might be unavailable.
The online content – who owns it and how can you use it?
The content on our website (including its copyright and other intellectual property rights) belongs to us, or the people who have given us permission to use the content on our website.
The Content is for your personal use only (e.g. do not replicate of reproduce content and host it on your or someone else’s website!) You also cannot make money from our content (e.g. by selling or renting it).
If you believe that any content on our website is owned by you, please let us know.
The information on our website is only meant as general information, please do not rely on it.
It is your responsibility to make sure your computer system is technically capable to access our website.
Here are your responsibilities as a user on our website:
- You are responsible for defending your system against computer viruses or infection.
- We are not responsible for the external websites that you can access from our website. If you have any issues with their content, you should get in touch with them instead.
- You are responsible for any loss or damage that you suffer as a result of using our website or the information on our website.
Promotions, competitions, prize draws and opportunities
By entering one of our competitions or promotions, you are also agreeing to accept our terms and conditions, as well as any other terms and conditions that the specific promotion might have.
If we decide to sell or transfer our website to someone else, we might also transfer the website’s rights and responsibilities to them. We can do this without telling you.
Just because you agree to our terms and conditions, it doesn’t mean we now have a partnership between us.
From time to time we might make changes to the terms and conditions. The updated terms will take effect immediately after it being uploaded to our website.
Our terms and conditions are under the Scottish law, so if you have any legal disputes with us about our terms and conditions they will be brought to the Scottish courts.
1.Online privacy practices
When you use the Young Scot Rewards website, we will automatically have access to limited personal information about you.
If you register for an account through the Rewards website, we will have to store and use your personal information. This will be done according to the Data Protection Act 1998.
One of the requirements under the Data Protection Act 1998 is that we notify the Information Commissioner that we hold and process personal data. We have already done this and we have processes and practices in place to make sure we comply with all the other requirements of the Act.
This is what happens to the personal information that you give us:
- We will keep it confidential, and will only use it for the purposes that you have agreed to.
- We will not disclose or share your information to anyone else, apart from the organisations that process the information for us and any third party Rewards providers.
- We may need to transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area if it is being processed by another organisation, who might process the data in the USA. If this happens, we will make sure that the third party organisation protects your personal information.
- By agreeing to the terms and conditions to the Rewards website, you have given us your permission to use your personal details in this way.
Young Scot uses a form of temporary cookie, simply to allow our website to function effectively.
The cookies we use do not collect or store any personal information about you - they are not stored on your computer, and automatically expire when you close your browser.
If you do not want these temporary cookies, you can disable them by adjusting your privacy settings on your browser. Please note, however, that disabling cookies can mean that you will lose some features and functionality of the website.
By not disabling the cookies on your browser, you are giving your permission for them to be used.
3.Cancelling your registered account
You can delete your Rewards account at any time. Just get in touch with us on firstname.lastname@example.org